Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The grocery store excuse.


            When I saw this picture of Sarah Jessica Parker I said, "Hey, that's me!"

The laundry never seems to end, the dishes are always piling up, the homework pile is teetering more and more, the cell phone keeps ringing, .... ahhh!!

Oh. And now the fridge is completely empty.

I find myself guilty of this excuse (a lot): "It's only the grocery store... no one will notice me!"

C'mon, ladies! Give yourself some more respect! What's the harm of walking into Walmart at 8pm and looking fabulous?! That doesn't mean you have to glitz and glam before you go... that's just weird. Just look presentable.

Here's a few tips to help you look, and better yet, FEEL nice when you think you're exhausted:

1) Wear earrings. I know- it sounds rediculous. But try it! I usually save my dangly, flashy earrings for a night out, but even if all you're feeling are studs- go for it!



2) Wear cute jeans. NOT SWEATS! Are you at a gym? No. Are you in bed yet? Hopefully soon, but no. Wear some cute jeans that fit your body type.



3) Wear mascara and eyeliner. Even if you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, your hair isn't straightening right, you have dry skin... who cares!? Put on some mascara and eyeliner, and you'll feel a little bit better.



I promise. Try this out next time you have to quickly stop by the store for those carrots and apples. You'll come walking out like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment